From:
[log in to unmask] (Jordan J. Ballor)
Date:
Mon Mar 5 08:13:09 2007
Greetings listserv members,

I'm looking for information about Raymond de Roover (1904-1972), who was born in Belgium, and earned an MBA from Harvard and a PhD. from the University of Chicago. He earned the reputation of being a great Flemish historian when he wrote various books including The Rise and Decline of the Medici Bank. He was a professor at the Harvard Graduate School of Business and Brooklyn College at the City University of New York.

I'm hoping that there is someone on this list who might have some information about how to contact the de Roover family or their representative, or who might perhaps have some information about who Raymond's and Florence Edler de Roover's next of kin might be. I'm searching in particular for the person or persons responsible for administering the copyright of one of Raymond de Roover's articles.

I work as associate editor for the Journal of Markets & Morality and we have commissioned a translation into English of Cardinal Cajetan on the exchange of money and usury. We are hoping to get copyright permission to reprint Raymond de Roover's excellent article, "Cardinal Cajetan on 'Cambium' or Exchange Dealings," from Philosophy and Humanism: Renaissance Essays in Honor of Paul Oskar Kristeller (New York: Columbia University Press, 1976).

I have contacted Columbia University Press and they do not hold the copyright. I need contact information for Dr. de Roover's next of kin or nearest relative who might be able to give permission to reprint the piece.

Any help you might offer in this search would be most appreciated. Please address specific responses off-list.

Regards,

Jordan J. Ballor