From:
[log in to unmask] (Warren Young)
Date:
Wed Sep 5 19:50:53 2007
Having worked in both Australia (Deakin Univ.) and New Zealand (Victoria
Univ. of Wellington) , and having received an Australian Research Council
Grant and a Grant from the New Zealand Reserve Bank for work on Harrod, I am
more than upset by what is going on in "Oz".

But perhaps "Dr. Brett" is the wrong "bloke" to contact.

If I am not mistaken, Brian Pink has been Australian Statistician (Head of
the ABS) since March 2007, and as Brett's boss, should be the address for
any and all protest over removing  HET and ECHistory from the Economics
Research Classification.

In addition, as the Nobel Committee has already awarded the Prize to
Economic Historians, perhaps both the Committee and those interested Prize
Winners should be asked to write not only Brian Pink, but the Prime Minister
of Australia himself, as Brett is not only a danger to the Economics
profession, but to the objectivity and reputation of the ABS itself....

Warren Young