From:
[log in to unmask] (Sumitra Shah)
Date:
Wed Sep 5 21:18:11 2007
Many thanks to Sandra Peart for posting to the list the excellent letter
signed by the executive committee.

John Lodewijks earlier wrote: "We have received a very supportive letter
from Sandra Peart. Indeed a number of supporting letters have been sent to
the ABS by HES members. For that we are very thankful. Any further help
would be very much appreciated."

I hope others who have written, and feel so inclined, would also share
their letters with this list. It will be useful for all of us to know the
different arguments made to keep supporting history of economic thought in
academic research. In this case, more is definitely better! They will also
be part of the HES list archives for use in future contingencies. Thanks.

Sumitra Shah