From:
[log in to unmask] (Nicola Giocoli)
Date:
I have not the French edition of Ferdinando Galiani's Dialogues sur le Commerce des Bleds
(1770) with me now, but it would be interesting if someone could check whether the
expression "laissez-faire" is (critically) used there. As is well known, the pamphlet was
a polemical one against the Physiocratic over-confidence on the benefits of free trade.

Nicola Giocoli
University Pisa