AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
"Marshall, Amy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marshall, Amy
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:00:14 -0500
Forwarded by request.

-----Original Message-----
From: wendy duff [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2005 4:56 PM
To: Marshall, Amy
Subject: please post

Tuesday April 5^th  4:15-5:30pm: Lecture by Margaret Hedstrom,

  ABSTRACT

  Bottling Experience, Freezing Ephemera

Margaret Hedstrom, Associate Professor

School of Information, University of Michigan

Abstract: What are the possibilities and limitations of capturing not
only content, but context, “look and feel” and even experience for
future playback or reuse? I will present some of the results of the
CAMiLEON Project <http://www.si.umich.edu/CAMILEON> on users’ responses
to digital objects that were preserved with varying degrees of content,
look and feel, and potential for interaction intact. The research draws
on some of the first empirical data on users’ preferences for different
digital preservation strategies and on their reasoning about
authenticity. I will then discuss how we are extending results from the
CAMiLEON Project to an exploration of the issues of authenticity,
originality, and impermanence of physical and analog works created with
ephemeral media. The purpose of this research is to identify to concepts
and issues common to preservation ephemeral works in the physical and
digital realm.

--
Wendy Duff
Associate Professor

It took more than a century for the Industrial Revolution to change the world.  We’ll change yours in sixty minutes.

MASSIVE CHANGE
The Future of Global Design

On now!

Art Gallery of Ontario - http://www.ago.net