From:
Bill Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:52:50 -0400
At least I struck an nerve.

It seems  that the primary health care system [what there is of a system]
might be the place to integrate health promotion into services which
reach more than the elite.

When the City of Baltimore built a running track in inner-city East
Baltimore, my racist attitude was that the last thing that 'these folk'
needed was a running track.

I was a bit surprised when I saw it becoming highly used by local
residents.

Bill Ward

http://www.easp.es/ProyectosTem%E1ticos/wwwiuhpe/esp/ponencias/Inequaliti