From:
"Stirling, Alison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2011 15:10:06 -0400
We want to hear about your local leader!

Health Nexus in partnership with 3M Canada has launched the new 3M
Health Leadership Award. This award recognizes engaged individuals
living and working in Canada who are taking steps to help unify their
community and inspire neighbours to work together to create change. It
highlights the important role that all community leaders across our
country are playing in helping improve the health of our communities.
Whether it be through an after school literacy program, community food
sharing, or ensuring affordable housing, your community leader is making
a difference.

The annual award celebrates an individual who has demonstrated
outstanding community leadership that has had an impact on the health of
their community by addressing at least one of the social determinants of
health such as housing, inclusion, food security, education and
employment.

The 3M Health Leadership Award is an opportunity to celebrate a leader
who may not normally have the opportunity to be recognized on a national
level.

To help us select the award's first recipient we have enlisted a panel
of very knowledgeable and experienced professionals from all across the
country. You can read more about our accomplished panellists by visiting
the award's website

http://www.healthnexus.ca/leadershipaward/index.html

The recipient of the award will be honoured during an afternoon
symposium on community leadership held on December 5th, 2011 in Toronto.

Nominations are being accepted until September 15th, 2011. Nominations
can be submitted electronically through the award's website

http://www.healthnexus.ca/leadershipaward/how_to_nominate.html

or by mail and fax.

For more information please contact Melissa at
[log in to unmask] or 1-800-397-9567 extension 2230.

[cross-posted from the HP Clearinghouse August e-bulletin]