Date:
Fifth Summer Institute for
the Preservation of the Study of the
History of Economics in Economics

Call for Participation

The Summer Institute, now in its fifth year, is an attempt to reverse the
decline in professional interest in the history of economics by offering a
forum for students, both at George Mason University and elsewhere, to
present a history of thought chapter of their dissertation to a competent
audience and a chance for scattered workers in the field to present work in
progress.

This summer the meetings will be Monday 26 July through Friday 30 July at
George Mason University in Fairfax VA. Sandra Peart will join David Levy as
codirector. We invite proposals on any topics. We are attempting to
organize sessions of two or more papers on the following: Proverbs &
Experts; Sympathy, Approbation & Imagery; Biological Influences in
Post-Classical Economics; Robbins & Hayek; and The Dialogue between
Economics & Theology.

Thanks to the generosity of the Earhart Foundation and the Economics
Department, participation will be rewarded in vector fashion, money,
coffee, bagels, pizza &c. There will be at least one evening dinner
meeting.

Students who wish to attend are encouraged to apply. Last summer we were
able to assist with travel expenses for all the students who applied. There
are dorm rooms at George Mason available at remarkably reasonable rates
which feature truly effective air-conditioning.

Send proposals or questions to [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

David M Levy
George Mason University