AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Mary Gladwin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Gladwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:22:44 -0400
When I worked at Norwich and District Archives, I had several displays set up at Queen's Park.  There were raised display cases, approximately 24 cm in depth and approximately 50 cm x 120 cm, which makes for a nice archival display.  The display cases are monitored but the one concern I had was that there were display lights in the cases as well as 24-7 lights in the galleries.  As a result, I only exhibited reproductions that were made to look like the original documents.  It was a great opportunity to promote archives and the wonderful materials in our collections!  At that time (various years in the 1990s), both Museums and Archives were approached to participate in this programme.  After all, we are "cultural institutions".
Mary

Mary Gladwin, Archivist
County of Oxford Archives
12 Vine St., P.O. Box #69