From:
Madeline Boscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:12:42 -0600
Hi folks:
Given the difference sex and gender make in health and health care, I
thought this would be a handy resource.
there

<../../../PDF/pwhce/gba.htm>Including Gender in Health Planning: A guide
for regional health authorities
(PDF: 369k/25p)
Lissa Donner, 2003
Presents the background and history of gender-based analysis, and places
emphasis on the value of understanding the health of a population
considering both females and males. Provides checklists to assist health
planner and decision-makers in considering women's and men's shared and
differing needs. http://www.cewh-cesf.ca/PDF/pwhce/gba.pdf
there are many other interesting resources and reports related to health
planning and needs that can be found through a search on the CWHN web site
-- www.cwhn.ca
Madeline

At 11:05 AM 12/02/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello
>We are currently exploring methods to assess the health priority needs
>of communities across our district (Capital Health, Nova Scotia which
>includes Halifax Municipality and the county of West Hants).  Up to this
>point our method of community consultation has been mainly face to face
>- either inviting people to meetings, being placed on the agenda of
>meetings by groups and organizations, holding focus groups, etc.  In
>addition, we have developed a short survey that is distributed to
>selected groups and organizations with a return stamped envelope (return
>rate is usually low).
>
>We are currently investigating the appropriateness of conducting a
>telephone survey with a representative sample of our population to
>gather info on health prioroties (for health service planning but also
>to gain insight re the broader determinants of health).
>
>Has anyone used this method? Are there survey tools available that we
>should review?  Is there literature that we should review?
>
>Any advice/assistance you can give would be very much appreciated.
>
>Anne Cogdon
>

>Anne Cogdon
>Director of Community Health
>Dartmouth and Southeastern
>Marshall Treatment Centre
>294 Pleasant Street
>Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
>B2Y 3S3
>(902) 465-8578
>
>Confidentiality: This email message may contain confidential
>information and is intended only for the individual named. If you
>are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute
>or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email
>if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
>from your system. Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be
>secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted,
>lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
>The sender therefore does not accept any liability for errors or
>omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result
>of email transmissions. If verification is required please request a hard
>copy version.
>
>To unsubscribe send one line: unsubscribe click4hp to: [log in to unmask] .
>To view archives or modify subscription see:
>http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/click4hp.html

Madeline Boscoe
Executive Director
Canadian Women's Health Network
Le Réseau canadien pour la santé des femmes
Suite 203, 419 Graham Ave.
Winnipeg MB  R3C 0M3
Tel (204) 942-5500, ext. 11
TTY 1-866-694-6367  In Winnipeg  942-2806
Fax (204) 989-2355
E-mail  [log in to unmask]
www.cwhn.ca