From:
[log in to unmask] (Pack, Spencer J. (Economics))
Date:
I have been running my second year class, History of Economic
Thought/Economic History up to the French Revolution, class enrollment 27,
pretty much the way Susan does, and it is working quite well. It's actually
basically a great books course; we do some Xenophon, Engels, Innis, Weber,
Smith, and Rousseau. Often I have the students generate the discussion
questions themselves and distribute them a day in advance to the class by
email. The results so far have been quite satisfying.

On another pedagogical matter:  next year for the first time in a long
while I will be teaching the Intro Macro course; I'm not too impressed with
any of the intro texts. Are there any texts out there now that address the
subject from a historical and/or competing visions/paradigms/models
approach that anyone would recommend?  You may answer me via the list serve
or private e mail. Thanks.

Spencer Pack