From:
[log in to unmask] (CHARLES Loic)
Date:
I think that there is a lot of informations on this theme in Hebert &
Ekelund's The secret origins of Microeconomics.
There is also a French scholar, François Vatin, who is interested in the
subject and had published a few book studies on French 19th century
engineer economists (Cournot, Dupuit and lesser-known figures) and the way
their
economics has drawn upon the engineering knowledge of the time. I think
that he deals quite specifiquely with the kind of topics you were asked
upon. Alas for those who do not read French, there are not translated yet.

Loïc Charles
Université of Paris 2