From:
[log in to unmask] (Michael Ambrosi)
Date:
RE: [Koopmans] "felt the physical sciences were far ahead of the social and economic
sciences" I just came across the following passage from: Mises _The Ultimate Foundation of
Economic Science_:

http://www.mises.org/ufofes/ch8~5.asp:

" As far as the empiricist principle of logical positivism refers to the
experimental methods of the natural sciences, it merely asserts what is not
questioned by anybody. As far as it rejects the epistemological principles
of the sciences of human action, it is not only entirely wrong. It is also
knowingly and intentionally undermining the intellectual foundations of
Western civilization."

I think there is a point in this: we would be lacking
something as economists if we did not cultivate a sense of an own
scientific method which is not to be evaluated in comparison to the
achievements of natural sciences or engineering.

Gerhard Michael Ambrosi