From:
[log in to unmask] (Humberto Barreto)
Date:
You didn't know this, but we've been down since Saturday! That silence in
your
email inbox wasn't your moderator on the beach or a fluke quiet period in
the
HES list community.  The good news is that I just got the word from the
fine
folks at EH.Net:

I think it's working now! -- Tom

(said as if Alexander Graham Bell :-))

The explanation of the glitch is pretty technical.  Here's the opening
sentence: "What we were doing was calling OpenSSL to determine SHA1 hash of the message."
Reminds me of our earlier conversation about language . . .

There is a little bad news: "inform anyone using these moderated lists that
their messages since Saturday have disappeared (and ask them to re-send
them).
I apologize profusely for any and all inconveniences which this problem has
caused."  Thomas Whaples <[log in to unmask]>, Systems Administrator, EH.Net

Since the HE folks that I know are especially nice, I'll answer for all of
us
on this list and thank Tom for his hard work in finding and fixing the
problem
for us.  We've all been frustrated by technology and we're glad you were
able
to patch things up.

If you sent a message to the HES list ([log in to unmask]) recently, please send it
again -- I did not get it.  You can check the archives at

http://www.eh.net/HE/hes_list/list_archive.php

You'll see that we were talking about "What is Something Worth?" and no
messages have appeared since last Saturday.

In the future, if you send a message and it does not appear in a few days,
please email me ([log in to unmask]) and let me know.

Let the chatter commence . . .

Humberto Barreto