From:
[log in to unmask] (Mason Gaffney)
Date:
Fri Feb 9 08:21:37 2007
Rich Adelstein's challenging posting on Hitler-Schacht economic policies
raises more questions than it answers, such as:
1. Didn't army conscription and Hitler Youth account for soaking up a lot of
the unemployed?
2. Why didn't the 1923 Bonn hyperinflation have equally benign effects?
3. How come the 1948 currency reform and Wirtschaftswunder worked so well?
4. What was the role of the 1931 Encyclical of Pius XI, *Quadragesimo anno*,
which helped inspire corporate states in so many European nations at that
time?
5. Can we believe Nazi statistics on unemployment, when we know that even
philanthropic, moral, compassionate, peace-loving, democracy-promoting
governments like that of the Bush Administration occasionally cook the
books?

Usually when we see striking effects there are multiple causes, so it would
take some heavy research to attribute a rise of German employment to one
Keynesian cause.

Mason Gaffney