AAOLIST Archives

AAOLIST@YORKU.CA

From:
Mary Gladwin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Gladwin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:18:11 -0400
AAO Awards Nominations

Each year, the Archives Association of Ontario provides four awards to recognize individual, institutional and corporate achievement.  In the course of our work, I'm sure that we all have met colleagues and archival institutions that have contributed significantly to the archival community, or have demonstrated imagination or creativity in any aspect of archival work to the advancement of Archives.  Please carefully consider which one(s) deserve to be nominated and recognized for their contributions.

The awards include:

The Alexander Fraser Award   -  given to individuals who have contributed in a significant way to the advancement of the archival community in Ontario.

The James J. Talman Award  -   given to individuals who have demonstrated an outstanding level of imagination and innovation in contributions to the profession, their institutions, or the archival community, or who have pioneered in any aspect of archival work.

The AAO Corporate Award  -  awarded to organizations, corporations, or agencies of any kind that have been particularly supportive of archives and/or the archival community.

The AAO Institutional Award  -  given to an archival institution that has contributed significantly to the advancement of the archival field, or has demonstrated a significant level of innovation and imagination in establishing programmes or services.

Nomination Forms for these awards are available in the latest issue of Off the Record.

Archives in Ontario are becoming known for their innovation and creativity . . . it's time to recognize them.

                                It's time for others to recognize us!

The deadline for receiving nominations is Monday, May 3, 2004.  The recipients will be announced at the AAO conference in Kingston, a month later.

If you have any questions or require further details, feel free to contact me at: [log in to unmask] or by telephone (519-423-1928 ext210) or fax (519-423-1964).