From:
[log in to unmask] (David Mitch)
Date:
There may be reason to think that someone will already have beat Snickerdoodle to the
punch by 2032 per Robert Goldfarb's hypothetical 50 year retrospective on this forum.

In an actual lecture delivered on February 26 of this year (2004), at Georgetown
University, I heard Daniel Kahneman the recent Nobel Laureate predict that advances in
neuroeconomics with uses of brain imaging would make it feasible within 10 to 15 years
(i.e. 2014 to 2019)) to construct hedonometers for placement on the heads of individuals
in order to measure their point in time levels of well-being. A central point of his
lecture however was the importance of distinguishing between point in time "experienced"
well-being and retrospective "remembered" well-being. While Kahneman told a number of
jokes with deadpan delivery, this prediction did not seem to be one of his jokes.

I did not hear Kahneman mention anything about the Heisenberg Ear Problem so this could
still leave territory for Snickerdoodle to make his mark.

David Mitch