Date:
Fri Mar 31 17:19:21 2006
From:
[log in to unmask] (rammohan kt)

I finished Ph.D at the Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum, Kerala (India), was a
South Asia Visiting Scholar at Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford, worked as
Fellow at the Centre for Studies in Social Sciences, Calcutta, and am currently a Reader
in Political Economy at the School of Social Sciences, Mahatma Gandhi University,
Kottayam, Kerala (India).

My doctoral research was on the history of development, examining the notion and material
processes of development in a south Indian princely state during the nineteenth and early
twentieth centuries. This work I am currently reworking into a book. Another area of my
interest is global commodity chains.

I offer a course in development theory to masters and master of philosophy students in
social sciences. The course comprises four parts, beginning with
pre-classical political economy, then moving on to examine classical growth theory from
Smith through Ricardo to Karl Marx, from there proceeding to a discussion of world-economy
models and dependent development, and finally leading to a critique of the development
paradigm.

Dr. K.T.Rammohan