From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
Everyone wants to be the cat hunting mice.

But is it possible to have a mouse-eye view of the world?

I take historical reconstruction to be the task of finding and understanding
the mouse-eye view of the world. That doesn't mean the cat is wrong; just
that there is value is understanding the world from the mouse's view as
well. Who knows, we might find that the mouse roars.

Gani's approach sounds a lot like the one that Frank Knight articulated in
the first sentence of "The Ricardian Theory of Production and Distribution":
"On the assumption that the primary interest in the 'ancients' in such a
field as economics is to learn from their mistakes, the principal theme of
this discussion will be the contrast between the 'classical' system and
'correct' views."

Ross B. Emmett