From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B Emmett)
Date:
I have had an inquiry (on EH.Net's ASK THE PROF service) from an educational
researcher asking two questions:

1) Does anyone know when economics was first introduced into the school
curriculum (K-12, not university) in the United States? NOTE: My
conversation with the researcher suggested that this question was not
limited to mid- to late- twentieth century (successful) efforts to
incorporate a course in economics to the high school curriculum in many
states.

2) What textbooks or readings might have been used in K-12 courses? NOTE:
Again, conversation with the researcher indicates that this question could
be extended to include economics readings assigned in a civics course, etc.,
not just what economics texts were assigned in the newly created economics
courses.

Help identifying resources which would assist with the answers to these
questions would be appreciated.

Ross Emmett