From:
[log in to unmask] (Sandra Peart)
Date:
Dear Colleagues,

This note is to ask  for your help in identifying bright upperclass undergraduates or
graduate students with an interest in the History of Economic Ideas.  The Summer Institute
for the Preservation of the History of Economic Thought, now in its 7th year, offers a
week of lively discussion, unusual topics and good research.  Participation is free and
open to all.  The institute will be held at George Mason University, July 10-15, 2006.
This year, thanks to the generosity of the History of Economics Society and George Mason
University, we are pleased that we can support the participation of up to seven students
with up to $500 each.  Please let your students know about this opportunity and have them
email me by March 5 if they are interested in obtaining support.  If you know of any
particularly good prospects, please email me so that I may contact them ([log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ).

The Institute offers a forum for distinguished scholars and graduate students to present
work in progress or more polished papers to a lively audience.  Past speakers include Brad
Bateman, James Buchanan, Dave Colander, Andrew Farrant, Dan Hammond, Samuel Hollander, M.
Ali Khan, David Levy, Deirdre McCloskey, Phil Mirowski, Leon Montes, Maria Paganelli,
Warren Samuels, Eric Schliesser, Gordon Tullock, Anthony Waterman, and Roy Weintraub.

For additional information, see
http://www.gmu.edu/centers/publicchoice/SummerInstitute/si_index06.htm

Best wishes and thanks in advance,

Sandra Peart