SDOH Archives

Social Determinants of Health

SDOH@YORKU.CA

From:
Dennis Raphael <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 21:26:27 -0500
All postings available on CRRU’s homepage
http://www.childcarecanada.org/

WHATS NEW

 >> Moving forward: Balancing priorities and making choices for the economy
of
the twenty-first century
by Pacetti, Massimo
Report of the Standing Committee on Finance recommends a national,
accessible,
affordable, high-quality, publicly funded, publicly regulated,
not-for-profit
child care system for Canada.
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=71191

CHILD CARE IN THE NEWS

 >> Denying day-care dough just dumb [CA-ON]
London Free Press, 7 Jan 05
"Short-sighted. Cold-hearted. Out of touch. I suggest those descriptions
apply
to anyone who thinks the city should "send a message" to Queen's Park and
refuse
to cough up $450,000 to get $1.6 million in day-care money from the feds."
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=71200

 >> Labour's child care plans under fire [GB]
Guardian, 6 Jan 05
The British government's current child care plans are "all smoke and
mirrors",
according to the Norman Glass, the architect of Britain’s Sure Start
program.
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=71192

 >> Child care centres big business in 2004 [AU]
Sydney Morning Herald, 1 Jan 05
Australian millionaire Eddy Groves turned his ABC Learning Centres into
Australia's biggest child care company in 2004, with a hold on nearly 20
per
cent of the market.
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=71198

 >> Fine print spoils child-care pledge [AU]
The Age, 27 Dec 04
Coming a few short months after the unprecedented spending frenzy of the
federal
election campaign, the Australian Government's child care rebate package
rates
as the first broken pledge.
http://action.web.ca/home/crru/rsrcs_crru_full.shtml?x=71199