From:
[log in to unmask] (Goulven rubin)
Date:
I am writing a paper about the reasons why Patinkin decided that the Pigou
effect had to be introduced in the Keynesian theory. The Don Patinkin
Papers in Duke's archives show that he changed his mind on this matter
between the submission of his Ph.D. thesis in 1947 and the publication of
_Price Flexibility and Full Employment_ in 1948. They also show that this
change of mind was prompted by a discussion he had with Milton Friedman and
Alexander Morrel Henderson, the latter having exchanged a couple of letters
with Patinkin between 1947 and 1948.

Everybody knows Friedman, but A. M. Henderson would require a short
biographical note. Alas! I have very few elements concerning his
curriculum. I only know that he came from Cambridge University (U.K.), that
he spent some time at the Rockefeller Foundations in New York in 1947 and
then at Harvard University in 1948, and that he probably met Patinkin at
the Cowles Commission in Chicago. Does someone know who he was, what he
wrote and when he was born?

Yours faithfully,

Goulven Rubin
University of Evry-Val-d'Essonne, France.