Date:
I am delighted to announce winners of the History of Economics Society =
scholarship prizes for 2005:

Joseph J. Spengler Book Prize is awarded to E. Roy Weintraub of Duke =
University for his book: How Economics Became a Mathematical Science =
(Duke University Press, 2002)

Best Article Prize is awarded to Michael White of Monash University for =
his paper: "In the Lobby of the Energy Hotel: Jevons's Formulation of =
the Postclassical 'Economic Problem'" History of Political Economy 36:2, =
2004.

Joseph Dorfman Prize (for Best Doctoral Dissertation) is awarded to Kyu =
Sang Lee for his dissertation: "Rationality, Minds and Machines in the =
Laboratory: A Thematic History of Vernon Smith's Experimental Economics" =
supervised by Professor Philip Mirowski at Notre Dame University.

The prizes will be awarded at the 32nd Annual Conference of the Society =
to be held at the University of Puget Sound, 24-27th June, 2005 in =
Tacoma, Washington, USA.  Information about the meeting and lists of =
previous prize-winners are to be found on our Society website =
<http://www.eh.net/HE/HisEcSoc/>

I thank the Chairs of the respective Prize Committees: Don Moggridge, =
Perry Mehrling and David Levy, and the members of those Committees, for =
their service to the Society.

Mary S. Morgan
President, History of Economics Society