From:
[log in to unmask] (Daniele Besomi)
Date:
Fri Jul 7 10:26:09 2006
Alfred Reckendrees said:
> I don't know whether he was the first, but
> Karl Marx: Critique of Political Economy (1859)
> used the term.

Hmmm, the reference to Marx (the term, incidentally, appears in the
1857 Introduction) opens the thorny problem of whether the
translation from German is correct. This seems to be another case of
translation in "economicist" language of Marx's original terms, which
were "Agenten der Produktion" (http://www.mlwerke.de/me/me13/
me13_615.htm). This was correctly translated into Italian as "agenti
della produzione".

My experience is that Marx's translation into English is at places
extremely inaccurate, and should always be double-checked before
being used.

Daniele Besomi