From:
[log in to unmask] (Kevin Quinn)
Date:
Thanks, Bruce, for the review. I have used Muller's book in my History of
Thought for the last two years with great success.  He also has a nice book
on Smith - *Adam Smith in His Time and Ours*.   What Muller's book adds to
the HET course is a sense of how unusual it is  - in the history of thought
about markets and even in the history of economics proper - to follow our
modern practice of more or less ignoring the effect that the way we
organize our economic lives has on the sorts of people we become.

Kevin Quinn
Bowling Green State University

ps: another recommendation for a supplement to your HET course is Bruce's
very good book on Hayek, *Hayek's Challenge*