From:
[log in to unmask] (John Womack)
Date:
Four propositions, to see if this peasant understands the argument so far:

1. If "economics" is only a theory of choice, i.e., only about choices, as
I suppose Menger's heirs, including Becker & Co., would have it, then it is
about all choices, not just choosing to buy or sell.

2. The economics of belief in a calculating deity would be a "non-material
choice."

3. Such an economics is not about production, i.e., the actual use of given
means of production. There is no choice in using a hammer the right way, or
a tandem press, or the HVAC system for a biotech lab, or the electronic
systems in many other productive operations about which I know nothing.

4. It makes no difference in such an economics whether the economist refers
to a principal or an agent, so long as the question is about choice.

John Womack