From:
[log in to unmask] (David Mitch)
Date:

In a followup to the recent discussion about appealing to citation index
compilers to include History of Economics journals, it occurs to me that
HES types might also want to contact the Social Science Research Network
about running one of their "journals" to be devoted to History of
Economics. To my knowledge SSRN currently has no "journal" of this sort
and I don't know if this has ever been considered either by SSRN or
Historians of Economics.

This comes to mind because this morning in going through SSRN's listing of
Economic History abstracts I came across a title "EStimating Functions and
Equations: An Essay on Historical Developments with Applications to
Econometrics" which at first I thought was going to deal with estimating
functions and equations in work in economic history since it was run  on
the Economic History abstract list. However, on quick second thought about
the title and reading the abstract, it was evident that this piece was on
the history of econometrics.  So apparently the Economic History abstract
service is used for material in history of econometrics.

Perhaps somebody from the History of Economics "powers that be" might want
to contact SSRN about setting up an abstracting service devoted to History
of Economics.

David Mitch