From:
Alison Stirling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 18:06:57 -0500
Christine Preece <[log in to unmask]> asked:

> Alison: Is there no longer health promotion newsletter that offers
> information on resources, websites, employment opportunities, and events? If so how can I receive it? Christine Preece

Yes Christine, the Ontario Health Promotion Email (OHPE) Bulletin still
comes out every Friday afternoon through the magic of email and is
posted on the Internet in a searchable database.  For the past 3 1/2
years it has offered news, events listings, employment postings, feature
articles, and information on resources (organizations, websites and
print resources) related to health promotion in Ontario and beyond.
About 18 months ago, after a survey of users, the editorial team of OHPE
Bulletin made a couple of slight changes to the Bulletin - feature
articles and resources messages come out bi-weekly instead of every
week, there is an editor on contract on compile and produce the
Bulletin, and an online database was designed and set up with all of the
OHPE Bulletins current and past posted on it.

You can subscribe for free by either filling out the subscription form
found at the main OHPE Bulletin website at
http://www.opc.on.ca/ohpe/ohpeflyr.htm (the direct route is to go to
http://216.13.130.40/opc/ohpeform.html)
or
send an email message to the OHPE mailbox with your name and your email
address (and ideally - where you are located, that is your city or town
and province/state).  That email address is   [log in to unmask]

The OHPE Bulletin online database is reachable at
http://www.ohpe.web.ca

And if you haven't guessed by now - I am involved with the editorial
team through my work at OPC (no bias though :-)
The OHPE bulletin has more than 1325 subscribers from across Ontario and
around the world - even though it does focus heavily on health promotion
activities and perspectives within the province of Ontario.  The OHPE
Bulletin editorial team welcomes subscribers and submissions of
articles, resources of interest, news and events and more. Contact us
at  our email address for more information - [log in to unmask]

Thanks for the question Christine!

Alison