From:
[log in to unmask] (Laurence S. Moss)
Date:
[Please forgive the previous garbled message. HB]

ANNOUNCEMENT AND FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS

Tentative Table of Contents for the American Journal of Economics and
Sociology (65:1) 2006.

I am delighted to announce that the AJES has the following articles now in
hand and ready for publication in the January 2006 issue. That issue will
also
appear as a hard cover, soft cover and with a scholarly index.  Most of those
attending the HES meetings have seen our publisher's display (Blackwell
Publisher) of our past invited issues and journal issues.

Since I was hoping to include 10 chapters in all, there is still space for
Parsons articles by historians of economics. One theme worth exploring has
to do with the special conditions under which the fledgling sociology
broke off from economics and the consequences of all this for contemporary
social science and methodology.  If anyone has an interest in contributing
a chapter/essay, please contact the editor:

Dr. Laurence S. Moss, Editor
American Journal of Economics and Sociology
68 Harrison Avenue, 5th floor
Boston, MA 02111
Tel: (617)-728-4949
Fax:(617)-728-4947
email: lmos at aol.com

We are a refereed journal and all correspondence is confidential.

                          Preliminary Table of Contents

1. Professor Jens Beckert of the Max-Planck-Institute for the Study of the
Social Sciences on "Interpenetration versus Embeddedness: The Premature
Dismissal of Talcott Parsons in the New Economic Sociology."

2. The transcript of an in-depth interview with Talcott Parsons held at Brown
University on March 10, 1973 with commentary by Martin U. Martel; that has
not been accessible before.

3. Professors Paul Dalziel and Jane Higgins, "Pareto, Parsons and the
Boundary between Economics and Sociology."

4. Professor Milan Zafirovski, "Parsonian Economic Sociology: Bridges to
Contemporary Economics."

5.  Professors Alexandra Hessling and Hanno Pahl, "The Global System of
Finance: Scanning Talcott Parsons and Niklas Luhmann for Theoretical
Keystones."

6.  Professor Alex Viskovatoff has prepared a review article on Jen Beckert's
book Beyond the Market: The Social Foundations of the Market.

Please contact the editor of the AJES if you wish any additional information,
LMOS at AOL.COM

Laurence S. Moss