From:
[log in to unmask] (Nicola Giocoli)
Date:
I suppose Italy should be one of the best (if not THE best) place to look
for a history of accountancy and of the equilibrium concept in it. As you
probably know, Luca Paciolo's 1494 Summa "institutionalized" the
double-entry book-keeping system.

You should try to contact the people at the Italian Society for the History of
Accounting (I heard of them because they recently held an international
workshop here in Pisa). Their website is www.sisronline.it and I think they
have some internationally-oriented young researchers whom you could exchange
ideas with.

Nicola Giocoli