From:
[log in to unmask] (Robin Neill)
Date:

        Richard Lipsey's definition of technology is quite acceptable.
And I think I will read the book to which he refers.  However, I will
quibble with the last line, with the term "long run growth".  Surely he
means "very long run growth".  I am insisting on Marshall's distinction.
"Standard economics" deals with the "market period", the "short run"
and the 'long run", defined as states in which technology and
institutions are "fixed".  Once these change, we are into economic
history, not economics.

Robin Neill