From:
[log in to unmask] (Sandra Peart)
Date:
Call for Papers:  The 7th annual Summer Institute for the Preservation of the History of
Economics will be held at George Mason University, July 10-15, 2006.

The Institute offers a forum for distinguished scholars and graduate students to present
work in progress or more polished papers to a lively audience.  Past speakers include Brad
Bateman, James Buchanan, Dave Colander, Dan Hammond, Samuel Hollander, M. Ali Khan, David
Levy, Deirdre McCloskey, Phil Mirowski, Leon Montes, Warren Samuels, Eric Schliesser,
Anthony Waterman, and Roy Weintraub.

We have commitments from James Buchanan, Steve Medema and William Coleman to speak this
year.

We are especially interested in participation by upper level undergraduates and graduate
students in economics or related disciplines.  The department of economics at George Mason
and the History of Economics Society enables us to subsidize such student participation up
to the amount of $500.  We welcome proposals on any topic, and are particularly interested
in Democracy, institutions, and economic policy; Language, evolution and trade; Malthus,
Malthusians and anti-economics; Hayek and the liberal tradition; Religion and beliefs;
Buchanan and Rawls; Philosophy and public choice.  As in past years, the Institute will be
supported by the Earhart Foundation.  Much of the support is used to recompense speakers
for their participation in the Institute.  This year we have obtained additional funding
to have one extra day and a final dinner for the conference, on Saturday, July 15.
Conference events also include good coffee and continental breakfasts, lunches, as well as
one or two working dinners.  For additional information, see
http://www.gmu.edu/centers/publicchoice/SummerInstitute/si_index06.htm

Please send paper proposals and suggestions for undergraduate students who might be
interested in attending (by 28 Feb.), to [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

Sandra Peart