From:
Jean-Marc Dupont <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:02:13 -0500
Hi all,

Another great CBC commentary this time from the well informed and
educated youth of our country. I was quite impressed with the speaker's
eloquence and passion this morning. For those of you from outside
Canada, "Commentary" is an opportunity to voice an opinion on our
national public broadcaster (a bit like a soap box). She mentions how
people may be happy with our recent federal government's choice to cut
income taxes, but really how we are avoiding the urgent health,
education and environmental system reform needs.

The young women I think hit the nail right on the head when she
mentioned how governments need to get off their butts, stop their
so-called "consulting" and get the the real work of reforming systems.
Not a vary politically strategic thing to do of course, if you consider
the need for reducing our reliance on private practitioners in our
public system (it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the
majority of our health dollars are being spent ... and how ... but I
digress into my health promotion rant)

She even goes so far as saying how much she loves Canada - her country!
And how much it will hurt leaving it. A thought I myself have to admit
I've had more than once over the last few years. I guess all is not lost
if the youth of today can see the situation as it really is and express
such a clear vision. It's just too bad the adults leading this country
lost theirs.

Don't feel too guilty being a little pleased about the tax cuts, but
please do listen to her commentary directly if you have Real Audio from
CBC's web site at:

http://radio.cbc.ca/insite/COMMENTARY_CALGARY/2000/3/3.html

Best regards to all,

JM Dupont