From:
[log in to unmask] (judy cockburn)
Date:

I am an undergraduate student at Murdoch University in Western Australia
and have found 'Development of Economic Analysis' sixth edition (2001) by
Ingrid Hahne Rima, Routledge NY, an excellent text. It starts with the
pre-classicals and follows the development of economic thought to the
current schools, marginal and mainstream.  It is very thorough and
enjoyable, unlike other academic texts I've been required to read.

Each chapter includes questions which are answered with lengthy quotations
from the works of important economic/social theorists.  Other features
include selected references and further reading following each chapter.

regards
Judy Cockburn