From:
[log in to unmask] (Forstater, Mathew)
Date:
Sumitra wrote:

"Matt, it was our job to nominate Bob Heilbroner for the honor."

For the record, I did nominate him, and I have the letter if anyone is
interested.  By the way, if you look at the list of Fellows (available
at http://www.eh.net/HE/HisEcSoc/fellows.shtml ), quite a few, their own
worthiness not withstanding, owe a debt to his contributions.

My impression is that there are some within the HES who are not so
comfortable with Bob's contributions, or at least are not comfortable in
terms of situating his contributions within their conception of the
'history of economics.'

Mat