From:
[log in to unmask] (Barkley Rosser)
Date:
Tue May 2 08:18:30 2006
[On "John Keynes" in the cartoon at
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/prc/2006/prc060429.gif
HB]

      Except of course, Keynes always went by "Maynard," not "John."
There was a similar situation with Galbraith, who always went by "Ken."
Once a president of Havard, Nathan Marsh Pusey, called him, "John."
Afterwards he always called Pusey, "Marsh."
     BTW, I am also someone who has the first name "John," but goes
by my middle name, "Barkley."  Increasingly with computerized listings
I find myself called "John."  When I once complained when entering a
hospital, the woman in all seriousness told me, "well, you should just
get your name changed legally to switch them around."

J. Barkley Rosser, Jr.