From:
[log in to unmask] (Harald Hagemann)
Date:
Fri Nov 2 15:28:33 2007
Tintner got his PhD in 1929 (not 28). After a short visit at the LSE he got a
research position at the Austrian Institute for Research on Business Cycles
(today's WIFO) in Vienna (at that time directed by Hayek).  There he also
published his first major work 'Prices in the Trade Cycle' in 1935.

A leading expert on Tintner and his biography and work is Wolfgang Pollan who
worked with Tintner after GT came back to Vienna in 1973. Until recently Pollan
worked at the WIFO but I could not find him listed anymore when I checked a few
minutes ago. He may have retired recently.

Best

Harald Hagemann