From:
[log in to unmask] (Ross B. Emmett)
Date:
====================== HES POSTING =====================

>Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:42:15 -0500 (EST)
>From: bryce traister <[log in to unmask]>

CALL FOR PAPERS
RISING GLORIES?: 18TH-CENTURY AMERICAS

Graduate Student Conference
26-27 September, 1997
University of Western Ontario
London, Ontario, Canada

The Interdisciplinary Seminar on the 18th Century and the Centre for
American Studies at the University of Western Ontario will sponsor an
interdisciplinary graduate student conference on 26-27 September 1997 at
the
University of Western Ontario, In London, Ontario.  We encourage those
interested in participating to interpret the conference them of
Eighteenth-Century Americas broadly in order to address issues of race,
gender, class, ethnicity, religion, politics and intellectual matters
within
the cultural context of Enlightenment America.  Topics from all disciplines
pertaining to the eighteenth Century are welcome.  We invite graduate
students in any discipline to submit one-page proposals accompanied by a
brief CV.  Papers should take no longer than 20 minutes to present.
Submissions for individual papers or entire sessions are welcome.
Commentary will be provided by faculty.  Proposals must be received by 30
April 1997.

London, Ontario is approximately two hours (by car) from both Toronto and
Detroit, and is serviced by train (VIA), bus (Greyhound), and the following
major airlines: Air Canada, Canadian Airlines, USAir, and Northwest.

Contact:
Prof. Margaret Kellow
Centre for American Studies
#4425 Social Science Centre