From:
[log in to unmask] (Lee, Frederic)
Date:
Dear Professor Caldwell,

Gardiner Means's papers are at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential
Library at Hyde Park, New York.  As for copyright, Means died childless
and as far as I know placed all of his papers in the FDR Library.  I do
not know the names or the addresses of any of the relatives.  So my best
suggestion is that you do not need to get any permission what so ever.
But it would be nice if you would deposit the letter in the Means Papers
if it is not there already.  I would also like to see a copy of the
letter as I have an extensive interest in Gardiner means, being the
first person to examine his papers.  For more on Means, see the
following publications:

F. S. Lee, Post Keynesian Price Theory, CUP, 1998
Warren J. Samuels and F. S. Lee, A Monetary Theory of Employment by
Gardiner Means, M. E. Sharpe, 1994
F. S. Lee and Warren Samuels (ed), The Heterodox Economics of Gardiner
Means:  A Collection, M.E. Sharpe, 1992

And there are other references to Means and publication on Means within
them.

If you have any further questions about Means, please e-mail me.

Sincerely,

Fred Lee