Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:29:33 -0500
7bit
From:
"Kevin J. Bochynski" <[log in to unmask]>
To clarify the policy on commercial postings, I append below the relevant
portions of the user guide which was developed at the inception of the Mark
Twain Forum and is still in effect.

In many cases, there is a fine line between what is purely a commercial
posting and what is Mark Twain news of interest to our members. For example,
Twain-related theater performances while clearly promoting a show or actor
are considered news of interest to our members. In any case, in the spirit
of full disclosure, any member who wishes to post a commercial message
should identify his or her involvement, if any, in that event or
enterprise. As with commercial book announcements (below), the message may
be posted one time.

Here are excerpts from the user guide:

"Commercial messages should not be posted to the Forum, unless they concern
a product that will interest Twain enthusiasts. In that case, please send
your commercial message to the list administrator in order that it may be
approved for posting."

"Book notices on the Forum

Commercial messages should not be posted to the Forum without first having
been sent to the list administrator for approval. This policy applies
equally to book sellers and vendors of other products or services.
Publishers are allowed to post to the Forum one advertisement per book."

Kevin B.
List Administrator