Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:37:51 -0500
The Canadian Breast Cancer Network Urges Canadians to Study Responses and
Vote Accordingly

The Canadian Breast Cancer Network has just updated the Federal Election
2006 section of our website with the official responses to our five
questions of the five main parties - the Bloc Québécois, the Conservative
Party of Canada, the Green Party of Canada, the Liberal Party of Canada, and
the New Democratic Party of Canada, as well as the responses of dozens of
individual candidates, listed by riding. Go to http://www.cbcn.ca/en/ to see
their responses and to browse our Federal Election 2006 section.

As you know, our questions were about Employment Insurance Sickness
Benefits, Wait Times, Funding for Breast Cancer Organizations, and issues
related to the Canadian Strategy for Cancer Control and the Public Health
Agency of Canada. Party and candidate responses may help you make an
informed choice on Election Day on Monday, January 23.

There's still time to contact the candidates in your riding to let them know
that you are concerned about breast cancer issues. Send CBCN's five
questions to all your candidates by going to Election Connection on Charity
Village at http://www.charityvillage.com/cv/ires/fedelection.html and
following the instructions. This is an easy and fast way of communicating
with the candidates in your riding.

You can find the questions on our website at
http://www.cbcn.ca/en/?section=4&category=842&regionid=&page=5989 . Please
forward any responses you receive to CBCN at [log in to unmask] and we will post
them our site.

The Canadian Breast Cancer Network will be putting up new material every day
this week, so check back frequently!

Jackie Manthorne
Executive Director/Directrice générale
Canadian Breast Cancer Network