From:
[log in to unmask] (Bruce Larson)
Date:
Wed Apr 2 09:19:44 2008
Although I can't say that I'm working on "creative communities," they
are definitely on my radar screen as I have, through my campus
responsibilities, become very interested in groups.  This area seems
very promising from a history of economic thought perspective.

Here are a couple of sources that might be useful:

Michael Farrell, Collaborative Circles: Friendship Dynamics and
Creative Work (University of Chicago Press, 2003);

Keith Sawyer, Group Genius: The Creative Power of Collaboration
(Basic Books, 2007).

Somewhat more distant would be the work of Richard Florida.

I've read Sawyer and thought that his work provided an opportunity to
rethink "schools of economics"--I especially have Schumpeter in mind
here.  Coupling Sawyer's ideas with the ever-expanding role of
technology in the development of collaborative communities present
some interesting possibilities, both from the perspective of the
history of economic thought and the rest of the discipline.

I hope this helps!

Bruce Larson