From:
[log in to unmask] (Bateman, Bradley)
Date:
Sun Apr 16 10:10:29 2006
Dear historians of economic thought,

I have discovered a small  glitch in the system for registering for the hotel that is
listed on the HES2006 web site.

In order to reserve a room at the Country Inn, you must telephone them directly.
Unfortunately, we posted the link to the Country Inn national web page on the HES2006
conference web page, but this is a centralized site and does not provide the facility to
identify yourself as being an HES participant. The national websitte will merely tell you
that the hotel is booked for the weekend of the conference without giving you the chance
to reserve one of the rooms that is being "blocked" for the conference.

Thus, to make a  reservation at the Country Inn, you will need to telephone them directly:

641-236-9600

Tell them you are with the HES conference (or "the Economics conference") and things
should proceed smoothly.

If you have any trouble making a reservation at the Country Inn, please contact my
administrative assisstant Terri Phipps (641 269 3145) or ([log in to unmask]) for help.

There are other options for your housing, of course, including very reasonably priced
rooms in the dormitories and two local bed and breakfasts.

Thanks for your patience.

Brad Bateman