From:
[log in to unmask] (Roger Backhouse)
Date:
Fri May 5 08:01:52 2006

INEM Registration

This year the INEM Conference will be held on the Thursday and Friday before
the HES at Grinnell. In case there are HES members who wish to attend,
registration information follows. Apologies to those who will get this email
two or three times through being in INEM and subscribing to the HES list.

The INEM registration page is now up. Sorry it has been so long - there was
 an email failure at one point, and it was up without my knowing about it.
 You have the option to register online, by mail or fax. There is a range of
 packages available (perhaps too much choice!) so as to cater for various
 travel arrangements, and for those who are and are not staying for HES. If
 you have problems, the people at Grinnell seem very friendly and helpful.

HES begins on Friday evening, and I have arranged that people coming just for
INEM, but who want to leave Saturday morning rather than Friday evening, can
come to dinner on Friday evening, whch is an HES event. If you are coming for
both conferences, please make sure that you do NOT book the Friday dinner
twice over.

The programme is not up yet, but I hope to have a draft ready in the next few
days. Crucial information is that we start around 2 p.m. on Thursday and will
be finished by 5 or 6pm on Friday. This is so that people living in the
mid-West, or anyone wanting to stay over in Chicago or Minneapolis, can
travel to Grinnell on Thursday morning. Others will prefer to arrive
Wednesday, and use Thursday morning to relax or read papers.

The conference web pages are at

http://web.grinnell.edu/dean/inem2006/home.asp

>From here there is a link to the registration page. Note that you have a
choice of accommodation. I have been told that the dorm accommodation is
good. I have just noticed that the preferential rates on the hotels are till
April 30, but I will inquire about whether that has been extended.

If there are people who are not presenting a paper, but who are coming and
would like to be a discussant or Chair a session, please let me know as soon
as possible.

Roger Backhouse