From:
[log in to unmask] (Mason Gaffney)
Date:
Thu Jun 15 08:53:47 2006
The BEA of the U.S.D.C. reports undistributed profits of corporations at
about $500billions a year, currently.  "Household" savings are about zero.
I imagine Roger refers to data like that.

I agree with James, though, that George's treatment of the wages-fund
doctrine is weak, or worse.  Fortunately, it can be isolated from the gist
of his work, which is that private land markets, absent heavy taxation of
land values, fail to get land allocated to its highest and best use. If that
is true (and it is), landowners collectively act like a universal cartel:
lowering demand for labor, lowering supply of goods.

Mason Gaffney