From:
[log in to unmask] (Kevin Quinn)
Date:
The moderator said:
>[Our discussion of Stark has taken us pretty far from the History of
>Economics, broadly defined. I trust we can self-censor and keep our
>remarks within the confines of the HES list guidelines.  You are always
>free to directly email someone if you wish to continue the conversation. HB]

Our own history as a discipline associates us both causally and
consequentially with the much-maligned Enlightenment, the greatest of whose
representatives would certainly have had no truck with an attempt to
associate the victory of reason - as opposed to its hobbling and maiming -
with any religion at all.  A pox, as they say, on them all! Ecrasez L'Infame!

Kevin Quinn