From:
[log in to unmask] (Kevin Hoover)
Date:
Tue May 8 08:15:41 2007
We are pleased to announce a new website for the Duke University History
of Political Economy Group:  http://www.econ.duke.edu/HOPE/
The website is also linked through the Economics Department homepage at
http://www.econ.duke.edu  Just click on History of Political Economy
Group on the left-hand menu.

As well as a source for all things Duke in the history of economics, the
website contains resources of interest to the wider community of
historians of economics, including pages devoted to:

    * /History of Political Economy/
      <http://www.econ.duke.edu/HOPE/Publications.php>, the journal ;
    * Historical Perspectives in Modern Economics
      <http://www.econ.duke.edu/HOPE/Publications.php>, the Cambridge
      University Press book series ;
    * The annual /History of Political Economy/ Conferences
      <http://econ.duke.edu/HOPE/HOPE%20Conferences.php>;
    * The Economists' Papers Project
      <http://www.econ.duke.edu/HOPE/Economists%20Papers%20Project.php>
      -- the largest collection of manuscripts of important economists
      and organizations related to economics in the world;
    * The Warren J. Samuels Portrait Collection
      <http://econ.duke.edu/Economists/index.htm> of famous economists;
    * Information on academic visits to Duke
      <http://www.econ.duke.edu/HOPE/Visits.php>, including information
      on travel funds for young scholars using the Economists' Papers
      Project;
    * The academic program in history of political economy
      <http://www.econ.duke.edu/HOPE/Program.php> at Duke, particularly
      related for graduate study;
    * A rich directory of links
      <http://www.econ.duke.edu/HOPE/Links.php> to other resources for
      historians of economics.

The website is a work-in-progress; we anticipate further improvements to
its functionality.

Neil De Marchi
Craufurd Goodwin
Kevin D. Hoover