From:
[log in to unmask] (John Medaille)
Date:
Sat May 19 09:39:04 2007
Julio Lopez asked:
>I have a vague memory that a well-known author referred to Keynes's
>economics as worth at most a footnote in contemporary economic texts. Can
>anybody help me with the full reference?

It could be from Paul Heyne's textbook, "The
Economic Way of Thinking." On pg. 407, he says
"The General Theory...is by common agreement an
obscure and badly organized book. ...but no one
quite knew what the essential message was." The
comment about being The GT being "badly
organized" is a direct but un-attributed quote
from J. K. Galbraith's  "A Journey Through Economic Time," pg. 98.

John C. Medaille