From:
[log in to unmask] (E. Roy Weintraub)
Date:

> Gianni Vaggi and Peter Groenewegen, _A Concise History of Economic
> Thought: From Mercantilism to Monetarism_. New York: Palgrave
> Macmillan, 2003. xvi + 339 pp. $105 (cloth), ISBN: 0-333-99936-3.

Does anyone else believe that $105 for a hardback 339 page textbook (for
an elective course) is an outrageous burden on students? Textbooks are
designed to be owned by students, not by libraries for students to
consult from time to time. This is certainly not the author's "fault" --
they have no control over book pricing with a company like this -- but
might I suggest that historians of economics consider the consequences
of publishing books with Palgrave Macmillan that people can't afford to
read?

E. Roy Weintraub